D16 opening weekend - traveling unfortunately

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
I just realized that I’ll be out of town for D16 opening weekend this year (Parent weekend at my daughter‘s college). Actually, it is better this way because my last two years of opening weekend included a warden shaking me down (I was right and he didn’t like that or didn’t know the details), and then last year I shared with 20 fellow hunters on a small piece of public property.
Oct 23-24th is opening weekend check your calendars.
Hoping for a successful season this year for us all

Opening day is overrated.

I always talk myself going out on opening day and come back with some story of another hunter. I've had shots in my direction 3 of the last 4 openers...yes there are bucks but no thanks on hitting the deck. Lol

I get hassled by wardens constantly. I hunt a corner of nat forest they don’t like folks on. It’s close to a no-go area. But it’s 100% legal and they can’t stand it

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu