D16 Rut starting

Can't report what you think may happen. Well, you could, where would that go. NO PLACE.
Our guy Dallas will!......we call him Austin just to fuck with him......he's way to intense especially when he's searching for any info.....young guy of course.
Any way he will follow up on a good leads and he's on here as well as other sites.
So watch your P's & Q's on here!
Our guy Dallas will!......we call him Austin just to fuck with him......he's way to intense especially when he's searching for any info.....young guy of course.
Any way he will follow up on a good leads and he's on here as well as other sites.
So watch your P's & Q's on here!
I have history with my neighbor and his antics, Not so much game laws but burning out of season without permit and when reported discharging weapons next to my property to try and scare me as well as using my dumpster for his trash, Along with theft of property recorded with camera's on other neighbors property as well as my wood pile being lightened with me catching him on camera and letting him know if it happens again I will turn it over to law enforcement. Somtimes you just need to let things play out and let the law do its job when the time arrives. he's an old man and firefighter who thinks the world owes him a living.. Leave him alone and he will hang himself..

Reactions: MJB and MAG 1
Weatherby?
Yes sir...nothing shoots flatter or hits harder..." So they say"..love me a good WBY...she did a good job this weekend with the 257... .back to AZ for girl elk with the knuckleheads this Weekend...WBY is the choice again... little larger this go round with the 300...big girl gonna get it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-145033~2.png
    Screenshot_20210920-145033~2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: NBK
A couple wardens I've talked to in the field are aware of this forum, if not regular visitors..
Jason, do by chance know the name of the warden that patrols Imperial Valley? Had a great conversation with him during the 1st Upland season and regret not remembering his name.

257. Weatherby coming your way for a build John. I'm gonna do it. Please let me know what you think build and reload wise. I'm old school and can't help it but I think it'll get'er done given the circumstances I have lived within through the years...
Gonna lay it out there....if I had one caliber.. and one only..it would be the 257wby mag... deer. Hogs .elk .lope .sheep and bear...it does it all..I tend to shoot shit in front of the shoulder's...so accuracy counts....that's why I role with the 257....the 300 is coming this season for elk because # 3 boy is a shitty shot....he,ll be shooting 200 grains of Hornady lead...good night nurse .

Reactions: MJB
Gonna lay it out there....if I had one caliber.. and one only..it would be the 257wby mag... deer. Hogs .elk .lope .sheep and bear...it does it all..I tend to shoot shit in front of the shoulder's...so accuracy counts....that's why I role with the 257....the 300 is coming this season for elk because # 3 boy is a shitty shot....he,ll be shooting 200 grains of Hornady lead...good night nurse .
So now he's #3. I seem to remember him being #1, then #2 then back to #1, it's all very confusing.

Hachet, I still own a 300 WBY I bought with paper route money I bought in 1974, Paid $576,66 at a local dealer In Victorville Ca way back when. Miroku imported it with bright bluing and Wby 3-9 scope on Buehler mounts. Anyone want to bid on the price for that now ?. Shot so much little game with it when I had no clue of what a deer or elk was that I can't tell you. Totally tried to have the biggest and baddest when I was young just because I was stupid ,also bought a Ruger superblackhawk 44 mag for $157.50 as well as a 10/22 for $57.00 during that era.

Reactions: MJB
Hachet, I still own a 300 WBY I bought with paper route money I bought in 1974, Paid $576,66 at a local dealer In Victorville Ca way back when. Miroku imported it with bright bluing and Wby 3-9 scope on Buehler mounts. Anyone want to bid on the price for that now ?. Shot so much little game with it when I had no clue of what a deer or elk was that I can't tell you. Totally tried to have the biggest and baddest when I was young just because I was stupid ,also bought a Ruger superblackhawk 44 mag for $157.50 as well as a 10/22 for $57.00 during that era.
257 buddy...all day.. every day!!
So now he's #3. I seem to remember him being #1, then #2 then back to #1, it's all very confusing.
It's all a blur John...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-212504~2.png
    Screenshot_20211012-212504~2.png
    798 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
257 buddy...all day.. every day!!

It's all a blur John...
I can see where it would be confusing at times. They do look a lot alike, especially 2 and #1 one or is it #3and #1, or #2 and, well never mind it's a blur.

Jason, do by chance know the name of the warden that patrols Imperial Valley? Had a great conversation with him during the 1st Upland season and regret not remembering his name.

Last edited:
A couple wardens I've talked to in the field are aware of this forum, if not regular visitors..
Do you think they would of busted Larry for his .38 special event? I've always wondered if ex law officers would be compelled to report something illegal they saw?

The 300 is definitely a better choice in my opinion. Case in point: My dad put down an AZ late season bull with his 300WM 2 years ago that was a questionable shot (a lot of vitals were covered). With less gun, we probably wouldn't have risked it but it worked out well.

My neighbor down the street is a warden. He is aware of this forum. He let it slip when he mentioned the deer I got last year when I hadn't had a chance to tell him yet.

• Wow
Reactions: garlicsalt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu