D16

Make no mistake 16ers...the trophys are there ..but the struggle is real ..dig deep ..and you may find what you are after...I still have nightmares about this one...and carry some deep emotional scars...the 16 can really mess with a trophy hunters psychy...after all these years..I think I'm ready to burn my 21 points..and give that zone another shot...there's always hope .stay the course..push forward..never waiver..tow the line...pick a path and FINISH

Screenshot_20230415-091619.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Juan
Make no mistake 16ers...the trophys are there ..but the struggle is real ..dig deep ..and you may find what you are after...I still have nightmares about this one...and carry some deep emotional scars...the 16 can really mess with a trophy hunters psychy...after all these years..I think I'm ready to burn my 21 points..and give that zone another shot...there's always hope .stay the course..push forward..never waiver..tow the line...pick a path and FINISH
Do you really have 21 California points? I have a particular hunt (area) I feel is the best in California. Message me I have some ideas to share

Dead serious
.maxed out across the board in CA..deer..lope..elk..and sheep..hit me up..I'm not getting any younger..

So Steve, am I understanding this correctly. If I apply for D16 as a second choice it will burn my points if I draw it?
No it will not burn your points if you put it as your second choice. The reason he says many people will burn points is because they might not realize D16 has changed to a premium zone and therefore put it as 1st choice thinking it won’t burn points.

No it will not burn your points if you put it as your second choice. The reason he says many people will burn points is because they might not realize D16 has changed to a premium zone and therefore put it as 1st choice thinking it won’t burn points.
Ahh thank you

Just glad the D15 is still free America

Amen, Billy...In my day, you just bought a deer tag and hunted anywhere in the state...You could also buy a 2nd tag for the mighty A Zone...Just as many (actually more), just as big (probably bigger), as the micro managing and points BS since the middle 80's.

Over the counter (X-12) back in the day.... :blush:

Bridgeport Oct 1971.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu