Dam LA schools

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
well my son is 17yrs old a senior and being recruited by the navy for neuclear something or another. It's already beyond me. His test scores are great. As soon as he graduates he is all set. Never had any problems at all his whole life.

Today at school it comes out he hunts. he was talking to another licensed hunter and some kid over heard. That kid went to a teacher who called school police. The teacher said they MAY have been talking about guns. So I get a call the school police are coming to my house. I leave work at 1430 and I'm home by 1500. I get a call saying they are looking for guns he may be able to take to school. ALL of our guns arrows and air soft are all locked up so I have no worries Well it's now 1930 and they are finally gone. They were very respectful and one was a hunter but they tossed the whole house. I hate this city and this state. I lost about $150 today from work waiting for them.

How the hell can they do that? Where was the search warrant? That he "might" take to school? That is Nazi Germany right there. I think they over stepped their limits.....by a mile.

I agree. Since I had nothing to hide I did not push the warrant issue. Kinda wish I had just to make there life worse but I didn't want my son to suffer at school or have issues with the navy. Yes they used works like may and might be able to.

He can pee in the girls bathroom but he can't talk about hunting? Another reason why we homeschool. My little conservatives would be expelled in heartbeat. I am sorry you had to endure this. Tell your son I fully support him and he should never be ashamed of being a hunter or owning a fire arm. He was not wrong today!

Reactions: Bonejour
Yup I'll make sure he knows that he has the support of a whole bunch of good people. We are considering home schooling my grandchildren. This might jut put that over the edge.

Reactions: Bonejour
That is a very disturbing story. I agree with Drew, their priorities are pretty screwy. All you have to say is "I don't feel safe", and you can pretty much bully and intimidate anyone you want. Did anyone at the school just ask your son directly about the conversation he was having, or did they go straight to the police?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight to the Los Angeles unified school district police. No one else questioned him or talked to him first.

Update: He got suspended from school for 2 days. It will not go on his record and I already talked to his recruiter and he says it won't hurt him for the navy.

This really is stupid.

I would take this public reach out to some of the conservative radio shows. I would demand a public apology. This is madness.

Wow........always good to have a lawyer on retainer......and always "do you have a warrant?"

Stand up for your rights no one else will

What BS and welcome to Commiefornia.......It's only going to get worse with the libs in TOTAL control of our lives via politics.

And it ain't just in LA.......I gave a boy a very small multi-tool for Christmas.....It had a 1" knife on it.....Another uniformed kid saw it and told the principal......He was suspended for a WEEK!......This kid was an honor student in rural Valley Center.

Wow see this is stupid. I can do soooo much damage with pens and pencils a 1" knife is not needed to hurt some one.

When I was a kid we all had pocket knives in 6th grade. Heck we brought them to show and tell.

I don't know if it would help or if it would even be worth doing but maybe a call or email to the legal people of the CRPA or NRA would be worth it.

That is total BS these damn schools are nothing but institutions to brainwash the youth

My son sends his kids to a Christian school and the first year the teacher asked if we were a hunting family because grandson said something smelled like gun powder. No issues so far. Tuesday grandson wears my headlamp to school to pickup his little brother and all the kids were asking what it was. He said it was for hunting. Hope he is ok in this PC world have to be caucious.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
OK heard enough, it's time to take a proactive action and teach our kids or grand kids the caveats of what to discus and how to discuss our hobbies at home may what it be. this is seriously sounding like a communist or fascist state. where it is encouraged to tattle tale on fellow Americans. teach your children & grand children well. and be caution as the word, and take Aeons advice in the video he posted.

Reactions: xjon
I am fortunate enough to home school my girls, or my wife does not me,

and am glad we don't have to put up with this B.S. . My oldest was taking

her pocket knife to class day with her until I had to tell her no. She didn't

under stand why. Sad that's the world we live in.

Sorry you had to go through that gspman. Glad you had everything in order though. Made me think about my situation and I would have failed. My kids have access to an AK-74 airsoft, and kitchen knives.

In regards to our society, it is sad where we are headed. It's not just CA either, it's a nationwide issue. Just like we can't yell "fire" in a theater, say "bomb" in an airport, we cannot say the "G" word at school grounds. Ridiculous yes, but necessary...yes. However, we cannot think of it as tattle telling on fellow americans. As citizens, we have to be vigilant with our surroundings and that includes "see something, say something". I think of it as looking out for terrorists or deranged lunatics who will try to harm us americans.

Come to think of it, I will have to commend that kid who spoke up. It takes some courage to speak up especially when you hear phrases involved with hunting ( Killed, shot, rifle, etc.) Some one like that might be able to prevent the next school mass shootings.

Again, sorry you had to go through it gspman. Thank you for bringing this topic up so we can all learn from it. I now have to think about my verbiage at work when someone ask me what I did for the weekend. I don't hunt deer, I "look" for deer. I don't kill deer, I "harvest" deer. I wish to kill a coyote, I will "search and destroy" one. I know it's sad but that is US now.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Sorry you had to go through that gspman. Glad you had everything in order though. Made me think about my situation and I would have failed. My kids have access to an AK-74 airsoft, and kitchen knives.

In regards to our society, it is sad where we are headed. It's not just CA either, it's a nationwide issue. Just like we can't yell "fire" in a theater, say "bomb" in an airport, we cannot say the "G" word at school grounds. Ridiculous yes, but necessary...yes. However, we cannot think of it as tattle telling on fellow americans. As citizens, we have to be vigilant with our surroundings and that includes "see something, say something". I think of it as looking out for terrorists or deranged lunatics who will try to harm us americans.

Come to think of it, I will have to commend that kid who spoke up. It takes some courage to speak up especially when you hear phrases involved with hunting ( Killed, shot, rifle, etc.) Some one like that might be able to prevent the next school mass shootings.

Again, sorry you had to go through it gspman. Thank you for bringing this topic up so we can all learn from it. I now have to think about my verbiage at work when someone ask me what I did for the weekend. I don't hunt deer, I "look" for deer. I don't kill deer, I "harvest" deer. I wish to kill a coyote, I will "search and destroy" one. I know it's sad but that is US now.

I agree with most of what you said......BUT.....After the "vigilante" kid did his part, the principal should've assessed the situation......Suspending the child for 2 days over this is absurd!......Or can I say overkill......:scream:

my suggestion was is that our children , grand children should not discuss home hobbies in school. and yes I agree with being a ware of their surroundings at all times. that is a whole different conversation and off this topic.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu