Davis Road Closure

sureshot

Nov 12, 2019
NILAND
Sink hole closes Davis Road

Davis Road will be closed from Highway 111 to Beach Road until further notice, the Imperial County Department of Public Works announced Wednesday.
The closure was attributed to a sink hole caused by a damaged drain pipe.
Drivers are asked to seek an alternate route.
For emergency, call (442) 265-1818.

Thanks for the update, hopefully the campground is accessible. More detours on Davis ! It would be nice to have the bridge repair completed at Nofsinger and Davis, I believe that is the IID's Responsibility, not sure why the delay for the Repair?

Thanks for the update, hopefully the campground is accessible. More detours on Davis ! It would be nice to have the bridge repair completed at Nofsinger and Davis, I believe that is the IID's Responsibility, not sure why the delay for the Repair?

Barry,

Because building geothermal and lithium plants is way more important.......:mad:

ps...Have you seen the one they're building at Alcott & Davis?....Literally, right in front of S22.

• Sad
Reactions: Designed2Hunt
It’s amazing that the city/county has not fixed one bridge around Wister !
Not even sure anymore how long the one on English & Pound has been out ?
English closed at 111 still ?
What a joke !
Could get ugly after a good rainstorm !!

The new closure happened Wednesday while I was in the blind. I went around 3 separate sets of closure signs to get to the campground and check station going north on Davis. Thought it was closed due to the construction projects and I almost got out and through the signs in a canal.
There is also a ton of semi tractor/trailer traffic on Noffsinger from Davis to the 111 now. That will get interesting after a big rain.

Ultimately they will dump a bunch of road base or recycled asphalt down like they did on McDonald when that geothermal plant was built. If muddy roads or sink holes get in the way of geothermal progress, they'll do something about. Until then, we'll be the ones having to take detours.

Where exactly is sink hole on Davis? The bridge at the north end of the campground?

Ultimately they will dump a bunch of road base or recycled asphalt down like they did on McDonald when that geothermal plant was built. If muddy roads or sink holes get in the way of geothermal progress, they'll do something about. Until then, we'll be the ones having to take detours.

Where exactly is sink hole on Davis? The bridge at the north end of the campground?
I never saw it, had to be pretty small still. I went north from Noffsinger and I think I ran into signs at Beal then Beach and both ends of the campground.

If this is Z drain, there's no reason to close Davis at Beach or the 111. Close it at the point of failure & we'll find another route like we've had to do with all the other closures until the County actually gets around to fixing them.

If this is Z drain, there's no reason to close Davis at Beach or the 111. Close it at the point of failure & we'll find another route like we've had to do with all the other closures until the County actually gets around to fixing them.
Josh is down there this weekend he said it’s fixed. He also said more geese around too. Morty said they were flying over blind 7 of course he was in the closest one.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Whatever it was got fixed before yesterday morning.
First time out there... made sure to educate myself a lot on what the different sites are like before leaving as somebody picked a site that must of had the least open water of anything I had seen.

Whatever it was got fixed before yesterday morning.
First time out there... made sure to educate myself a lot on what the different sites are like before leaving as somebody picked a site that must of had the least open water of anything I had seen.

There's a lot of sites with very little open water...Unfortunately, just mowing tulies does nothing but enhance their growth.

Reactions: chessie
There's a lot of sites with very little open water...Unfortunately, just mowing tulies does nothing but enhance their growth.
Yep we mowed disced and burnt and they’re still coming back in my pond.

It's alright. Was 1st time there. Dropped a ringneck my first shot. And spent our last hour there armed with a pen and the paper map rating a couple dozen sites we could see from the roads as a simple pass/fail criteria. Seems like info that should come in very handy next time. Do the afternoons there suck to hunt? How's that work didn't seem like many were there when leaving?

Reactions: ilovesprig
It's alright. Was 1st time there. Dropped a ringneck my first shot. And spent our last hour there armed with a pen and the paper map rating a couple dozen sites we could see from the roads as a simple pass/fail criteria. Seems like info that should come in very handy next time. Do the afternoons there suck to hunt? How's that work didn't seem like many were there when leaving?

That's how you learn the place....Good on you.......... :clap:

ps...Afternoons can be good...A lot depends on the weather...90+ is tough to sit in and look at blank skies....:cool:

Reactions: Duckfan

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu