Dead Deer on 52

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Had two different phone calls this morning about two dead deer on the Fifty Two. A Doe close to Mast blvd and a Buck by Santo rd.
One of the calls my buddy wants to cut the head off of the Buck.
Told him that was a bad idea F&G would be waiting for him at his house when he got home from work.
Then later in the day I had to make a run to Oceanside and on the way back I see a Buck right next to the Freeway.

I saw a dead doe on the side of the road a few weeks ago. I slowed down to take a look and it looked like a button buck so I got out to take a closer look. It was a small buck and someone had cut off both horns.

That deer by Mast was a spike buck and that is the third deer I have seen killed in that area. I think the deer are coming over to feed on the golf course and then they get caught on the freeway on the way back and can’t get out, really sucks. I have been seeing more and more deer off the 52 when you head up the hill.

Both the north and south side are stacked w/deer. I've looked into hunting that area but with miramar to the west and the ecological area's I didn't think it was worth poaching.

I almost hit 2 last week on the 52 summit in the fog.I was heading west in the #1 lane at 50mph,and they were standing in #2 lane.I almost shit in my truck.

Its too bad. It would be great if there was a way get some deer fencing up in that corridor. Hmmm? And good to hear you didn't poop your pants...

Seen a few deer coming over a ridge at the top of the 52 on the Miramar side coming home today around 5:30pm.Cool to show my family deer only five minutes from the house.

Invisible man said:
I almost hit 2 last week on the 52 summit in the fog.I was heading west in the #1 lane at 50mph,and they were standing in #2 lane.I almost shit in my truck.

Nice archery buck in your avatar Mr. invisible man. You may have the skills to be a contender in the big buck contest. Are you in it?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu