Decoys for motion

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
What brand/type of decoys do you guys like for swimming motion?
I had GHG decoys I put on a tow/jerk setup and I thought they had too much of a grocery cart wheel motion when pulled though the water.

I use quiver magnets, a pulsator and a jerk cord sometimes. I'm not concerned with "swimming motion" as much as I just want "water motion". If that doesn't work I'll send my dog out to stir up the water.

I have seen some nice swimming decoy set ups but they look pretty elaborate and I'm sure my dog would would get all tangled up in the line. And like I need more stuff to set up at 0 dark thirty....

Jerk rigged with 4 decoys on a cross. Only use it when birds are a ways off. Hooked nose tail nose tail so them move in opposite directions

Reactions: 2duckhunter4
The motion ducks decoy spreader has been a game changer for me. Other then that I think some pulsators work well too

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu