Deer May Have Contaminated Strawberries With E. Coli

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Big Game Hunt Journal
Deer May Have Contaminated Strawberries With E. Coli
Posted on: 08/10/11
Send to friend Printer-friendly version Share/Save

In Northwest Oregon one woman has died and six others were hospitalized after eating strawberries. Now after testing fields with deer droppings, it is believed that the deer are responsible for the e. coli contamination. Jacquith Strawberry Farm in Newberg is where the strawberries are believed to have come from and there are soil and deer dropping samples that are being analyzed. If the deer are responsible they are wondering why this hasn't shown up in the strawberries before.

Sounds to me like they did not wash their fruit good enough. When fruit and vegetables grow in any field they are
very dirty. Don't blame the deer when you are treading on their land.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu