deer playing

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
I'm sure you've all seen herds of deer playing.My hunting buddy Jeff and witnessed something for the first time yesterday. We watched 7 bucks and 2 does make their way out to a fairway and start up a game of tag.The deer were running around,spinning in circles throwing their heads around.We saw 2 deer on separate occasions spinning around til they fell on the ground and had to get up.Saw a lot of spar mimicking but we also saw 3 different bucks actually lock horns momentarily,theses bucks are in velvet!!! I've never seen a deer fall on the ground playing or ever seen deer in velvet lock horns.This episode went on for close t 15 minutes and I have to say I feel sorry for the greens keeper because they tore that green up.

That explains alot.. While we are off hunting the deer we seek are playing tag golf...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu