deer sighting

David Raichel

Nov 24, 2014
Anybody seeing much deer movement in the julian area? I've been out a couple times and saw nothing, gonna pickup an AO tag and extend the season a bit.

Haven't been up since the first half of the season. Life has been getting in the way...

David Raichel said:
Anybody seeing much deer movement in the julian area? I've been out a couple times and saw nothing, gonna pickup an AO tag and extend the season a bit.

Save your money...........Season ended yesterday for AO & D-16.

Welcome to the SCH website David.

In the case of D16, it ended on the 23rd (Sunday - yesterday). Below is how the regulation reads;

"Archery Only (AO) Tags are valid for archery equipment during the archery
and general seasons in zones A, B, any D zone, hunt G10 (military personnel
only)."

NBK said:
Welcome to the SCH website David.

In the case of D16, it ended on the 23rd (Sunday - yesterday). Below is how the regulation reads;

"Archery Only (AO) Tags are valid for archery equipment during the archery
and general seasons in zones A, B, any D zone, hunt G10 (military personnel
only)."

Doesn't that mean he could hunt with an AO tag under the A22 season? (Which I believe is still open?)

I see. A more careful reading...there is an A-zone (in central/north coastal). But then there are the "AXX" archery hunts (i.e. A22). So AO is good for A-zone but not AXX hunts...

That's confusing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu