Deer tracks

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Am I trippin or is this a deer track? I saw this behind my high school the other day and thought it was very odd. No where for them to hide for about two miles and no hunt able locations for about 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e386b0b4e7ce9c7a714c21d1fce014e9.jpg

Deer track that has been rained on.
Lots of deer in the urban /developed area. Small habitat, but Good vegetation and no predators.
Don't think of that one when hunting. Find the wide-open-spaces of CNF or BLM.

The thing I keep thinking is that as long as I see more deer tracks than coyote tracks, then we are in a good balance.

Once deer season is over then I'm going to work on reducing the coyote tracks (and crows, but that is a different subject).

Doesn't appear to be a goat track.....They're more curved at the top and spaced in the middle.....Always harder to tell in sand......Buck track

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    885 KB · Views: 27
Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the help guys I want to lay eyes on this deer now that I'm more or less confident that it is a deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu