Deer were moving like crazy.

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Was out yesterday. Saw 9 deer(doe) and two huge mountain lions. Took video. Will post as soon as I can get it off my GoPro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1413.JPG
So the light sucked and the go pro didn't pick it up well. He is about 60-70 yards away. He sat in the grass for about 10 mins looking around. I should've filmed with my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woo. I bet you were glad to be in a tree stand; although I'm sure it would not take much to get one to run away on the ground.

sounds like your cattle poop + scent masking stuff works if you kept a lion close by.

Reactions: jlroberts100
Did you walk out after dark?
I may have phoned in a friend (with dogs) to make that walk out together.

I get a pair on my game cameras every year, in the valley I camp/hunt from (see attachment). Only seen one of them during daylight, 3
years ago. These pics are from last year.

I spend about 10-15 nights there each season and never been bothered. Tent stays out all season and it's never been bothered either.

2 lions.jpg

3rd and 4th generation long tail have no reason to fear you. Think about it.

Cat's are one of those things you have to just block out. When you are out walking a 4am pitch black there is no point worrying about cats realistically if they decide to attack which they won't what are you gonna do. I was sitting on a rock pile 0 dark 30 last weekend in an area I know there are a few very large cats. I just told myself you might as well take a nap because there is nothing you will be able to do about it if a lion attacks. Especially 30' up on some rocks.
Now snakes on the other hand I always have an eye out even with my gaiters on.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
You said it brother. I was out last Sunday morning by my self. Ran into huge large cat tracks and found deer kill. Have on my phone . I use my tablet for surfing. I try to post it. When I out alone I stay on my toes. Not worried but I stay very alert. I use take naps with a tree behind my back.

Come on guys.........Driving to your destination is a about a million times more dangerous than having a cat attack.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu