Desperate to shoot at something

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
I live on a ranch but no hunting or shooting allowed (Ladera Ranch suburbia south OC). Not much of a ranch , so desperate to shoot without driving for an hour or more I printed up some vermin photos and set up a target for shooting my .22 cal air gun.

IMG_1541.JPG

The only way I could get a decent 75 feet without freaking out the neighbors and getting arrested was to go from my front door, past the stairs, past the kitchen, through the family room, out an open window, across the patio, over the yard, by my granddaughters play house, to the backyard wall. I set up my homemade pellet catcher, which is a wooden box stuffed full of thick foam chunks.
IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

Tried some new pellets that required some scope adjustments.

IMG_1544.JPG

After some tweaking, my last three shot group:
IMG_1543.JPG

I think that will do. Can't wait for July 1st bunny bonanza. Wifey wasn't really thrilled with my new shooting range, not sure why.

Is that a Benjamin .22? It looks good.
3 more days to go til the 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know who's worse, you or me???
Since Sunday I've been at a shooting range 3 times. Make that 4. I hit 2 ranges today since I tried trap/skeet for the first time.

Is that a Benjamin .22? It looks good.
3 more days to go til the 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Benjamin Discovery in .22. Had it modified by Tim at Mac1 and really notice the improvement.

I need to get my .22 out. Been so busy with show season I missed July 1 opener. Went hiking up in big bear this past weekend but didn't see any cotton tail.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I need to get my .22 out. Been so busy with show season I missed July 1 opener. Went hiking up in big bear this past weekend but didn't see any cotton tail.

Have you tried the Bacon Flats area east of lake Arrowhead? I've heard it's good for cottontails but haven't tried it.

Reactions: PyroTekRob
Have you tried the Bacon Flats area east of lake Arrowhead? I've heard it's good for cottontails but haven't tried it.
Havent been over there yet. Mostly been fishing the Santa ana river so been looking for deer signs and rabbit while trying to catch trout.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu