Diamond Valley Lake this Morning

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Not red hot, but got bit some......Apparently the lake has come up a lot and created lots of new habitat. So finding fish was tough.....Still fun despite the blazing sun.....Fish caught were on pumpkin 5" Senko's, green pumpkin 5" skinny Senko's, and drop shotting.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    492.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 25
Awesome Steve! I used to consider that my home lake. Love that place.

Even the really good locals and pros are having a tough time right now. It's a grind. 40 to 50 ft has been the sweet spot, but not until you find the biting fish.

Great to see pics from that place. It was the only reason I bought a 4 stroke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nick,

Really tough for me to fish that depth, so we didn't. A lot of shore banging for zero fish.....Fish were caught anywhere from 15-30.....Which really isn't my comfort zone either.....But when in Rome, do as the Romans do.....lol

ps.....Cody got 2 fish on fat 5" Senko's with a heavy 4/0 hook.....Fishing that deep really does change your techniques.

A good fall back is just drop shotting that depth. Up your weight size, fish slow, and swing on any tap you feel.

nicapopolis said:
A good fall back is just drop shotting that depth. Up your weight size, fish slow, and swing on any tap you feel.

2 fish were caught on drop shotting with 1 ounce weight.......I HATE FISHING THAT WAY & only slightly better than trolling.......lol

ilovesprig said:
Not red hot, but got bit some......Apparently the lake has come up a lot and created lots of new habitat. So finding fish was tough.....Still fun despite the blazing sun.....Fish caught were on pumpkin 5" Senko's, green pumpkin 5" skinny Senko's, and drop shotting.

Nice Brother , where's the big strippers

Ghost

Ghost said:
ilovesprig said:

Ghost
Probably in Vegas buddy...

Ghost said:
ilovesprig said:

Ghost

Lee,

The biggest "Strippers" I've ever seen were in a little town in Alabama............lol

ilovesprig said:
Ghost said:
ilovesprig said:

Ghost

Lee,

The biggest "Strippers" I've ever seen were in a little town in Alabama............lol

hahahahaha dam spell checker

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu