Dieter - The greatest dog of my life!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Not to much to say - my heart is broken. We put our Dieter down two Fridays ago. He was an amazing friend. Life sucks right now, but being blessed with a once in a lifetime dog is something most folks will never experience. For this gift, I am thankful.

Pretty much can't type right now ---

IMAG0061.jpg12 2.jpg17.jpg20.jpgDieter3months 020.jpgDieter 8 months 030.jpg

John,

I am very sorry to hear of Dieter's passing....Our hunting dogs are such a special part of our lives....Hang in there my friend....

Very sorry John. We put down a spaniel last year. Very sad day. I hate think of the day I have to put down my current GSP.

Been there....
J.A Hunter 1952 wrote:
YOU GET TOO FOND OF A DOG. NOT UNTIL AFTER HIS DEATH DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH HE MEANT TO YOU. I SOMETIMES WONDER IF THE PLEASURE OF OWNING A DOG IS WORTH THE MISERY CAUSED BY HIS DEATH.

John I am truly sorry for your loss. I really enjoyed all the posts about Dieter. He seemed like an incredible dog.

Sorry to hear about Dieter, John. Our dogs hold a special place in our hearts. Its so sad when we lose them.

I am incredibly sorry to hear this. I know what my dogs mean to me. Sorry for your loss...

John this is terrible to hear. I am very sorry for your loss. This is one of the reasons I am afraid to get a dog.

I'll tell you all a story about Dieter that I hope you will all appreciate, Dieter and John are the reason I got married for the first time at the age of 48. I never considered marriage because of my outdoor lifestyle of hunting and fishing and not wanting to punish a life partner wife with my behavior. John and I had hunted for many years prior to this and he wanted a dog that was of a breed that others did not know much about. John explored versatile breeds (pointers) and met my future wife at that time Tracy Jenson. She was a rare breed in that she was in love with the outdoor lifestyle and loved to hunt and fish. At the time she was the go to gun dog trainer in So Cal because of her experience and accolades. She apprenticed under Bodo Winterhelt one of the two the co founders of NAVHDA. (Look him up on line and you will see he was one of the greats in the gun dog world) Tracy showed John and I a world of dogs that were far beyond what we knew about hunting dogs and there capabilities. Tracy opened John's and my eye's to how a dog was not just a blind buddy and retriever but a companion that could expand you hunting range and put you in front of more game than you could do by yourself. Beyond that I would suggest to all of you that you should explore all the different dog breeds that are out there before you make a decision about what is best for you. P.S. come visit us and we are always glad to show anyone what we are working with.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu