Displaced mountain girl in so cal!

Yes it is, WOW, locals know it, but it isn't really a tourist destination, lol. A favorite place to escape the heat, and pretty cool history.
Was up there just a few years ago. BEAUTIFUL example of a covered bridge. Awesome history. I studied art history and interior design in college with the intent of returning to the area to work in the field of historic preservation of the American old west. Just such a passion of mine!

Was up there just a few years ago. BEAUTIFUL example of a covered bridge. Awesome history. I studied art history and interior design in college with the intent of returning to the area to work in the field of historic preservation of the American old west. Just such a passion of mine!
There are a lot of Victorian era buildings and homes that I believe should be saved from big business. Wineries and tasting rooms are growing fast up there. People also commute from there to Stockton, Sacramento, and East Bay. It's getting crowded. A lot of history is being lost to modernization, Murphys once was a quaint little town and now is a busy tourist destination because of major wineries, almost impossible to get around on a nice weekend. I would support saving historic landmarks, homes, and buildings, but have no idea how to start.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu