Dissapointed

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
Went to Wister Friday evening and thought I would scout the dove spot the kids and I killed them during the first season on the way there. I guess too many ass-hats :mad: left shells and trash and bird carcasses around the fields so they are now posted. We were always careful to clean up all of our stuff and whatever else was in the area we hunted but I did see lots of junk in other areas I guess we should have cleaned up after everyone else too. I plan on contacting the land owner to see if we can get a permission letter.

I will NEVER understand how people think it's ok to litter. Especially in wilderness areas. I usually try to pack out as much as I can carry. Sometimes that's just not enough to cover for littering d-bags.

:mad: Last season my son and I caught two individuals that had done that and left shells and bird feathers all over and we made them clean it up and we had to impress upon them why we as hunters do not ever do this. But it happens every season maybe im wrong for cleaning it up when we find this trash but what else can we do. Imperial Valley hunting area is shrinking every year. Come on everyone clean up the mess so my grandsons will have a place to hunt and fish.

Not much you can do about stupid people, but if we want to continue our hunting heritage we do need to pick up after ourselves and everyone else that felt the need to leave trash where we hunt. Maybe put something together, like an annual clean up of the public lands. For now all we can do is pack out what we pack in...maybe pack in a little bit more than you took out.

Can't fix stupid. But we can all do our part to deflect the effects from stupid! :eek:

ur right john. this might sound stupid, but i always clean other peoples mess. Why? cuz up north where i came from, they shut down some great hunting areas due to stupid people littering all over the place. Now, i just go ahead and clean up other peoples litter just so it wont happen here. I don't want them shutting down places I hunt here. :mad: :( 8)

Yeah the boys and I are going to try to go out there and see if we clean up the whole area we can get permission to hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu