DIY Dove Tree

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
3623d66c35fd616c5ba6d8d924e9c759.jpg
8971a921ee93dc907063d847691b4cb0.jpg
5414cee369317fc5a5486e5b56bf4456.jpg

Thought I'd share a dove tree I recently put together with the help of my father-in-law. My Mojo and clip-on decoys worked fine as is, but a few spots I hunt in the IV have some tall brush so I wanted to build one of these to elevate them a bit. I pretty much copied the Mojo tree, using some scrap rods we had and bought the rest at HD for under $10 or so. I cut and grinded them down, and my FIL did the welding. Also added a foot piece to drive the base into the ground, and hammered a couple flat spots into the branches for my clip-ons. And it breaks down into 3 foot parts to fit into my field bag. Can't wait to get her into the field this fall!

Nice job. I made mine out of pvc I had laying around butI don't think it will hold up. Yours looks really nice.

Last edited:
How'd we kill any doves in the old days without all this fancy stuff ............:laughing:

ps....I have paper mache dove decoys from the 60's........;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu