Doe Down !!!!!!!!!! A31

O.C. Huntress

You watch the kids! I'm going hunting!
Feb 4, 2011
I DID IT !!!!

After many years of archery hunting locally I finally got one. It’s just a doe but boy did I have to work for her. These local deer are so hard to get a shot on. With the time change last night I had to get up an hour earlier to beat the sunrise. I got into my tree stand about 20 minutes before light and it was cold. (yes I go out in the dark by myself) I got the hand warmers going and it wasn’t long before I heard a deer walking in the leaves. I had decided I would take a doe if I had the chance this time so I my heart was pounding when I first saw her. She walked right up the trail and when her head was behind a tree I pulled back my bow. She took a few more steps and she was 20 yards quartering away when I let it fly. She took off quickly breaking every branch in her way until I couldn’t see her anymore. I got down and called home to BuckHunter for help. He got the kids up, out the door and up the mountain in a little over two hours. I knew it was a good hit, but the two hour wait couldn’t hurt and with the temp in the 50’s the meat would be fine. We found the arrow. A complete pass through and still dripping with blood. It was a long but easy blood trail. Well not that easy with the kids along. Jim found her piled up down in a steep little canyon.

Game Over ! Until next year  :)

Attachments

• Doe 2013.JPG
    Doe 2013.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Family 2013 - 1.JPG
    Family 2013 - 1.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 205
That is so rad! good job

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu