Dogs are amazing

Shadowlawnskysthelimit

Mar 5, 2021
Went the other day to do a Due Diligence report for a client on downtown LA area apartment complex. If you’re not familiar with a Due Diligence report; it gives client an overview of what they have on site. In my case, report speaks to the site’s elevators/escalators manufacturer, age, type of equipment, condition, and future monies need to upgrade or modernize equipment. It is used as a tool in bargaining for sale of property.
While on site I noticed 2 guys with a beautiful Melanois that they were kenneling in a truck. There was a brief meeting with client and other companies there for inspections.
Since I love dogs, I couldn't resist asking them if they were on site Security.
They informed me they were there to inspect for critters. Critters ? They explained that the dogs were to look for bed bugs, roaches, and vermin.
Bugs ! Really ! I asked how do you train a dog for Bedbugs ? They said same way you would for bombs or drugs. That a container of bed bugs that the dog could smell was used. Amazing !
I saw them later with a Beagle, a yellow Lab, and the Malinois. Never got a chance to ask which dog looked for what ??
Pretty crazy what a dog can do !!

Went the other day to do a Due Diligence report for a client on downtown LA area apartment complex. If you’re not familiar with a Due Diligence report; it gives client an overview of what they have on site. In my case, report speaks to the site’s elevators/escalators manufacturer, age, type of equipment, condition, and future monies need to upgrade or modernize equipment. It is used as a tool in bargaining for sale of property.
While on site I noticed 2 guys with a beautiful Melanois that they were kenneling in a truck. There was a brief meeting with client and other companies there for inspections.
Since I love dogs, I couldn't resist asking them if they were on site Security.
They informed me they were there to inspect for critters. Critters ? They explained that the dogs were to look for bed bugs, roaches, and vermin.
Bugs ! Really ! I asked how do you train a dog for Bedbugs ? They said same way you would for bombs or drugs. That a container of bed bugs that the dog could smell was used. Amazing !
I saw them later with a Beagle, a yellow Lab, and the Malinois. Never got a chance to ask which dog looked for what ??
Pretty crazy what a dog can do !!
Yes. Both my Labs have been gifted with the natural ability to find any sign of edible rabbit droppings on my property. Seriously, they can find a game bird that is hidden anywhere they can scent it. Dogs are being trained to find all kinds of stuff from drugs to specific contraband that a country is trying to keep out. Super sniffers for sure. Fun to watch them work.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu