Done deal at Sutherland!

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
first of all big thanks to the NWTF San Diego chapter. My gf drew browns cove! We saw and heard a turkey walk away from our lives in the morning accords the creek. About 9 am we decided to check out the rest of the unit. Took the long way around and could see Jake's and hens going toward the back cove. So we heading back to the mouth of the creek at the edge or browns cove and corral border. We set up decoys and made a ground blind. We waited and could see a hen and Jack coming out away just across the creek. We lost them in the bed so I did a short and quite call sequence. 5 mins later from a game trail just to our right 3 jakes came right past us at 6 ft and toward out decoys. Let them get past use to 15 yards and it was a done deal. My gf had first shot so she shot and dropped a jake. Now the 2 others were confused and scrambling. Missed twice with my bow, I had no time to range the turkey, but let me tell ya I was pretty damn close. All in all it was an awesome experience to see my part er get her first birt in textbook fashion.

If anyone is hunting Sutherland I have info on browns cove and camp hope!

.20210410_121220(2).jpg20210410_162008.jpg20210411_134831.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Kat....So happy you both had such a great experience....Thanks for sharing..... :clap:

ps...Flydown Custom calls are awesome.

Reactions: Sdhunt17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu