Double on deer

turkeyman 85

Feb 24, 2014
my buddies dad and I got a double yesterday morning. We been hunt these deer all of bow season and couldn't connect but we got it done wild the smoke poles.
Didn't get a picture of his since we spilt up to recover our bucks. So I only got mine.

.IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1634.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. Noticed the bipod and am curious, what was the range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to get it done. Nice shooting thanks for sharing.
Tell us little about your weapon of choice caliber. And the technique used. Again very well done.

I use a .308 Winchester browning ABolt shooting off the outdoorsmans optic hunter pack. I have a Nikon bdc 4x12x40 mm scope. Range card taped to the stock for reference. Really it's just practicing from different shooting positions for me. I know I'm always in weird spots in the steep country so it's not alway a perfect prone set up. My bipod is really just to set my rifle one the ground I rarely shoot using it. The biggest deer I've ever had a chance at got away cause I was trying to get the legs set up for a steady shot. So ever since I said screw bipods lol. Joe and I went shooting I deployed the bipod on a .25-06 that I have and could hit the dang plate. Got on my 308 and was ding the plate off of some packs we had. It also was 100 yards closer too. Lol.

I use a .308 Winchester browning ABolt shooting off the outdoorsmans optic hunter pack. I have a Nikon bdc 4x12x40 mm scope. Range card taped to the stock for reference. Really it's just practicing from different shooting positions for me. I know I'm always in weird spots in the steep country so it's not alway a perfect prone set up. My bipod is really just to set my rifle one the ground I rarely shoot using it. The biggest deer I've ever had a chance at got away cause I was trying to get the legs set up for a steady shot. So ever since I said screw bipods lol. Joe and I went shooting I deployed the bipod on a .25-06 that I have and could hit the dang plate. Got on my 308 and was ding the plate off of some packs we had. It also was 100 yards closer too. Lol.

Great Job, I like hearing story. Of techniques used. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: turkeyman 85

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu