Double Your Pleasure...4-1-19

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Awesome hunt...Didn't get or hear a peep all morning...At about 9:30, I heard a distant gobble...Got on the Flydown glass over slate...Instant return gobbles...I just got louder & louder cutts and yelps at that distance...When they got to within 3-400 yds...Switched to the Flydown Batwing mouth call...In no time, we had a visual...Up the hill and instead of going after the DSD jake...It was right to the DSD hen...They were so lit up it was hard seeing their beards...After about 5 minutes, they finally turned sideways at 23 yds...Both longs...And it was 1,2,3, grease 'em.

Dang, I love this stuff...#DaveSmithDecoys #FlydownCustomCalls......:heart:

.010.JPG015.JPG016.JPG034.JPG

Rad, Steve!

I got my first glimpse of some dispersal birds close to our property today. Let's hope we don't get another blizzard.

THAT picture with the bird over your back, and the hills in the back ground says it all.
CONGRATS

The're moving petty good up at my place right now just not the great quantities of them like the good old days when we would see two or three hundred bird's a day

Fred,

This spring will be our year for bigger numbers...Many hens are already on nests...Gives them plenty of time for renesting, if they lose this 1st one.

ps...Started with around 40 hens this spring...Down to about 3 or 4...Which are probably jennies.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu