Dove hunting steel ammo

BIGCIM

Feb 15, 2018
There seems to be crazy deal right now on a case (250) of Winchester Super-x Xpert Hi-Velocity Steel shells. If you select #7's you get them for $36.99 a case.

If you can find it cheaper post it up.

I have a feeling its a typo.

#notallheroswearcapes

Friends of mine just bought some around 11pm and told me their order went through. One buddy bought 20 cases.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
In my owners manual it said shooting steel shot through a full choke will swell the barrel, not sure if it is just the bigger shot sizes or all steel shot. Might be gun specific, dunno. It said using steel with a improved cylinder will produce the same shot group as lead with a full choke but have not tested it.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
In my owners manual it said shooting steel shot through a full choke will swell the barrel, not sure if it is just the bigger shot sizes or all steel shot. Might be gun specific, dunno. It said using steel with a improved cylinder will produce the same shot group as lead with a full choke but have not tested it.
That is correct, the steel does not give in the barrel that is why it can swell in a full choke. Only shoot mod or bigger with steel.

Modified is best for any steel load IMO...Just stating because of the small size of 7's the bulging does not occur in old full choked barrel...The walls of the wad in steel loads are thicker today as well.

ps... Most of us are using turkey chokes with Hevi-Shot & TSS loads...Ain't a lot of give in Tungsten either and they shoot just fine....5, 6, 7, & 9's.

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu