Dove Opener.....2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Jacob, Jack, and I got out to Jack's duck club just about shoot time......1st thing I hear are mallard hens going off......What a great way to start and after the 1st shot, there were tons of "lards" in the sky..... 8)

It wasn't fast and furious, but steady and by 7:30 Jacob & I were done with 28 mourning & 2 ww's (his 1st wing-wing)....Jack on the other who has more money than god is shooting a beater BPS 28 gauge and shells that were made at the turn of the century in the front of the club.....He also left his spinner back with us (we both have one).....When we go to the front he has 2 birds.... :-[.... We put the spinner out and in short order Jack had his 15 doves..... 8)

Always great taking that 1st shot, hearing quail, and seeing ducks in the IV...... ;D

ps......Had lunch with a bunch of friends at Henshaw. They hunted no more than a 1/2 mile from us on their place and slammed the euros, ww, and mournings......I think we need more sunflowers...... ;)

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    698.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Good stuff I need to invest in a coupe of those decoys they are awesome !!!! the birds respond so well to them!!
Sometimes I just gotta take a step back and realize how lucky we are to simply have an opportunity to hunt!

ilovesprig said:
Jacob, Jack, and I got out to Jack's duck club just about shoot time......1st thing I hear are mallard hens going off......What a great way to start and after the 1st shot, there were tons of "lards" in the sky..... 8)

It wasn't fast and furious, but steady and by 7:30 Jacob & I were done with 28 mourning & 2 ww's (his 1st wing-wing)....Jack on the other who has more money than god is shooting a beater BPS 28 gauge and shells that were made at the turn of the century in the front of the club.....He also left his spinner back with us (we both have one).....When we go to the front he has 2 birds.... :-[.... We put the spinner out and in short order Jack had his 15 doves..... 8)

Always great taking that 1st shot, hearing quail, and seeing ducks in the IV...... ;D

ps......Had lunch with a bunch of friends at Henshaw. They hunted no more than a 1/2 mile from us on their place and slammed the euros, ww, and mournings......I think we need more sunflowers...... ;)

Steve glad it worked out. Missed ya lunch. But maybe next time

Ghost

Nice job Steve and crew! Sorry we couldn't hook up for lunch once I mentioned Golden Corral I got some strange looks and then the word mexican came up

Saw one pair of ww come in but that was it for our shoot.

There was so many spinners.......in one spot they had a screen tent up and 5 spinners mounted on top just crazy. I bring one for my buddy that has to shoot a short 20 it keeps them low and close for him.

MJB said:
Nice job Steve and crew! Sorry we couldn't hook up for lunch once I mentioned Golden Corral I got some strange looks and then the word mexican came up

Saw one pair of ww come in but that was it for our shoot.

There was so many spinners.......in one spot they had a screen tent up and 5 spinners mounted on top just crazy. I bring one for my buddy that has to shoot a short 20 it keeps them low and close for him.
Did anyone end up meeting up at Golden Corral for lunch? We passed by at 11 but were dead tired so we grabbed a burger and headed back home.

NBK said:
That is a good looking goose gun Jacob has there...

John,

Wondered if you'd notice...... :D

It will get it's true test in about 3 weeks in Canada...... ;)

ps....Didn't miss many doves with it either......... ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu