Dove opener was good for my group

CMPeterson

Aug 18, 2013
Canyon Lake Ca
My family has two ranches in the valley, one in Holtville and one in Heber, we had our limits by 7:30 am and could have had 50 or 60 Eurasians but we only shot what we needed for our dinner. My 7 year old Daughter wanted to go this year, I was concerned about the heat but she was a trooper, and said she wants to go again.I had a blast hunting with my Family, and having my Daughter along for the hunt was the best! Cannot wait for Pheasant opener!

That's cool that you were able to get the little one out there. Mine is the same age but I only take her bowfishing at this time. Maybe next year

She shot my cousins 410 single with a little help from Dad, she had more fun calling out the birds as they flew in and she was totally intrigued with the dog and how it worked. We should bring them up to the club next summer and shoot, I am looking for a little 410 for her now.

Wow you guys did great. Sounds like those Eurasians are taking over the world.

The good thing about the Euros is the DFWL has opened the season year round in the Imperial Valley only for Eurasians and no limit still! That will be great fun for a day trip to just shoot down to the valley and shoot some Eurasians.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu