Dove Treestand

Is this serious? Just thinking of what trees you'd be hanging from.. salt cedar? Dude just pop a seat like the rest of us, load some shitty steel shot, and blast some birds of peace
This is serious, incredibly serious. I know people who scoffed at the mojo when it was released, now they’re everywhere. In my opinion, air conditioned blinds on top of cell tower trees are the next mojo.

I'm thinking the ac unit you were talking about bringing would be easier to install than the the pit blind rig which would require ditching to hide the air ducts because you could use flex hose to pipe the air up to the blind and hide it all under the fake tower. You go H527, Let me know if you have space and I'll bring the liquor for the pre flight party and bbq in the blind.
The big problem now is, how are we going to convince Imperial County to widen the farm roads so we can haul the cell towers back to the dove fields? And after we Haul them to the field, how are we going to set them up? Do you know any crane rental companies?

Air conditioned Blinds, tree stands, cell tower trees, all to help shoot the dumbest bird on the planet? Checking my calendar, it must be April 1st.

Once you have your tree, stand and blind assembled and in place, will you leave them there for the season or dissemble them and take them home with you? If you leave them in place, do they lock up or are you ok with others using them during the season? What happens if you show up one morning a few minutes before shoot time only to find other hunters in your blind who have already set their spread of Mojos? Delicate situation on public land...

Once you have your tree, stand and blind assembled and in place, will you leave them there for the season or dissemble them and take them home with you? If you leave them in place, do they lock up or are you ok with others using them during the season? What happens if you show up one morning a few minutes before shoot time only to find other hunters in your blind who have already set their spread of Mojos? Delicate situation on public land...
I’ve actually installed a boom lift in the back of my truck for that very reason. Since I plan on leaving it up the whole season, I can’t have a ladder going up the fake tree tower to my blind. Instead I’ll just drive up to the tower, gather my gear and raise myself up to the blind with the boom lift. What if someone brings their own boom lift? Well if that happens I might have to put a padlock on the blind.

I’ve actually installed a boom lift in the back of my truck for that very reason. Since I plan on leaving it up the whole season, I can’t have a ladder going up the fake tree tower to my blind. Instead I’ll just drive up to the tower, gather my gear and raise myself up to the blind with the boom lift. What if someone brings their own boom lift? Well if that happens I might have to put a padlock on the blind.
Nice! Problem solved!

Scored in the Plaster City dove draw. Hunting from windmill #32. Gonna grill our birds on the solar panels!!
79f9025a0c606be2233fa926289b5518.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu