DP Tuna

KID CREOLE

Aug 29, 2014
Guys I thought I posted this last week, my bad

We fished thursday afternoon and hooked a few YFTs off meter marks as the kelps were pretty empty. We launched at 2:30 got bait and headed south to where we saw huge amounts of bait at sunset the night before. We ended up by ourselves with just tons of bait building up under us and as soon as it got gray the BFTs found the bait and put on a epic show for a few hours. The chovies set up under the boat like a kelp and the BFTs would blow up knocking chovies against the hull and a few on the deck.

A few boats built up around us and just couldn't understand the concept of patience, some getting so close that we could talk to each other, oh well, clearly talent isn't based on the price of your boat. First few hours of this we got 8 fish, 4 nice BFTs 30-40 lbs and a nice YFT pushing 45-50.

It died out the bait was gone so were we, headed south and was amazed to see a 25 mile parking lot so we fished a mile outside of the crowd and stopped on a small meter mark that turned into a all you could catch bite. for the next 3 hours we hooked another 20 tuna letting the smaller ones go. We chunked a lot of dead denes, threw a lil live chum sparingly and the fish stayed with us.

Greg hooked a good one on 50lb and the hooked pulled after a 45 min battle, this fish fought really weird, not sure this was a tuna. Lil later, bumping back a almost dead dene I got bit and I'm not going to assume here but once hooked this fish blisterd across the surface like it was shot out of cannon and after a 100 yd run it spit the hook, thats all I have to say about that

Attachments

• greg1.jpg
    greg1.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 19
  • greg2.jpg
    greg2.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 17
  • greg.JPG
    greg.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 76
  • greg3.jpg
    greg3.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 15

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu