Drew my 1st choice

Thanks. I dont know what I got myself into but I burned 8 points to do it! Guy im going with knows a bit more. I think I will still shoot the first legal buck I see. We will see.

code3run said:
Thanks. I dont know what I got myself into but I burned 8 points to do it! Guy im going with knows a bit more. I think I will still shoot the first legal buck I see. We will see.

8 points means 8 years of applying and or buying points. Thats a long time to wait to shoot the first legal buck, unless its a monster legal buck. I'd hold out for a big buck if I were in your shoes. Only 30 people get that tag each year. Depending on the year, hunters with that tag average around 30% success and 40-50% are 4 point bucks. Go in there and kill a monster. Here is the harvest data. Good luck!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/deer/deerhunt.html

I see your point. We will see how the hunt goes and what were seeing. I have never been a trophy hunter and its been years since I shot a deer. The last few years has been focusing on my two boys getting their tags filled. This hunt will be for myself so should be fun. Thanks for the info.

Looks like a good tag to spend the points on. Is that a archery only tag?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu