Drew my 1st choice

Thanks. I dont know what I got myself into but I burned 8 points to do it! Guy im going with knows a bit more. I think I will still shoot the first legal buck I see. We will see.

code3run said:
Thanks. I dont know what I got myself into but I burned 8 points to do it! Guy im going with knows a bit more. I think I will still shoot the first legal buck I see. We will see.

8 points means 8 years of applying and or buying points. Thats a long time to wait to shoot the first legal buck, unless its a monster legal buck. I'd hold out for a big buck if I were in your shoes. Only 30 people get that tag each year. Depending on the year, hunters with that tag average around 30% success and 40-50% are 4 point bucks. Go in there and kill a monster. Here is the harvest data. Good luck!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/deer/deerhunt.html

I see your point. We will see how the hunt goes and what were seeing. I have never been a trophy hunter and its been years since I shot a deer. The last few years has been focusing on my two boys getting their tags filled. This hunt will be for myself so should be fun. Thanks for the info.

I am with Breacher. Shoot a whopper C3R!

Back