Drive about...Buck City...8-26-18

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Took a drive late yesterday afternoon with Jacob....The deer are really starting to get active with this cooler weather....Saw numerous bucks in numerous places, saw bucks doing rubs and fighting.....One battle involved 3 bucks (7th pic).....Dove opener on the 1st Saturday sucks.....lol

.012.JPG015.JPG017.JPG024.JPG028.JPG027.JPG030.JPG045.JPG323.JPG

I’m at a cross road, with this cool weather, makes me want to cancel the dove opener

Lee,

Discovered early on....The right 40 acres of private was better than 4000 of public....;)

ps.....4000 of private is even better....lol
Steve you are so right.
I once had privilege to hunt 75 acres.
I did not how good I had it
Really I mean really good deer population in your spots.
Best
Longbow

Awesome pics Steve. I'm sure you could probably pull off the September 1st Slam.. limit of doves in the morning, arrow a buck in the afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jason,

Have got a November slam...The quail & ducks were on Friday....The Doves & pheasant opening day Saturday morning....Buck & turkey were on the way home.....lol

.pheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 017.JPGpheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 046.old.JPGpheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 053.JPG

Awesome pics can’t wait to see the pic of one hanging in the tree in your front yard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu