Duck Hunting Wister

Who gives a SHIT….. most places I travel to across the country duck hunters are a tight Group …. I would hate to have somebody give up their spot, give me a break that’s why this forms out there, I would tell them my spots where I hunt if I didn’t have a draw no big deal, I’m going to shoot ducks either way

Who gives a SHIT….. most places I travel to across the country duck hunters are a tight Group …. I would hate to have somebody give up their spot, give me a break that’s why this forms out there, I would tell them my spots where I hunt if I didn’t have a draw no big deal, I’m going to shoot ducks either way
That's the spirit! #7 is a good draw you will kill ducks if they are down there.

Can anyone tell me other then teal and spoonies what other species there are. I'm trying to match the hatch as fisherman would say in my spread and it'll be my first time there as well. Any other tips are appreciated
Here's the variety of birds that were taken at Wister last season (not including the geese)... Northern Shovelers, Mallards, Gadwall, Widgeon, Pintail, Green Wing Teal, Cinnamon Teal, Redheads, Canvasbacks, Ring Necks, Scaup, Bufflehead, Goldeneyes, Blue Wing Teal, Wood Ducks, Surf Scooters, Mergansers, and Ruddy Ducks.

Good attitude to have cause with that statement you probably won't get much help. If I'm reading it correctly, forgot my decoder ring

Best bet is to invite someone to help you get to know the area like someone already mentioned.

You should do fine either way if the birds are there. GL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu