Duck Recipes

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I’ve got 28 skinless duck breasts in the freezer, all teal. How do you guys cook them? I’ve been doing the bacon wrapped thing with the doves for years, not really interested in that. The last few times I had duck I floured them in a pan. I’ve been thinking satay might be good with some peanut sauce.

I’ve got 28 skinless duck breasts in the freezer, all teal. How do you guys cook them? I’ve been doing the bacon wrapped thing with the doves for years, not really interested in that. The last few times I had duck I floured them in a pan. I’ve been thinking satay might be good with some peanut sauce.
My favorite is cooking them like a steak in a hot cast iron pan. Heat oil, salt and pepper the meat, then into the pan to sear. Throw some butter in to baste it, and add a sprig of rosemary and some garlic to flavor. Cook to medium rare and you're all set. Don't overcook it unless you want leather liver. Look up a vid of Gordon Ramsay cooking a steak to get an idea.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu