Ducks are here

Bill.

Glad to see you got 1......Or 14......;)

ps.......For anyone thinking about going to Wister.......Don't do it......The place is a virtual quagmire.....Rick said at least 3 trucks just trying to get down access roads slid off.....And no, 4x4 doesn't help much.

They got so much rain it's crazy, with more on the way tonight I think.

I was not at plaster city this time

Reactions: Sigalert2012
Good ol' wister slime when it rains...That airboat is legit, You ever made the journey to the salt lake with that thing?

IMG-20161223-WA0001.jpg The mud is just insane, here is a friend having trouble

Yeah... that one will require the tractor

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

whats crazy is they got it out with a Toyota! lol

Bit of a funny story. the birds after daylight broke were flaring quite a bit. We had perfect wind so the birds were landing coming right at us but at about 60 yards or so they would break off and bail. I barked at my dad to stop moving around so much. Made him cover up better and put his face mask on. The birds were still breaking off and it was odd. No one had hunted this spot for some time so its wasn't like they were getting shot at a lot.

figured it out...

so i had bought new grass mats from tanglefree, i used to like the avery grass but they are gone i think. they were still in the box when we went out yesterday. the back sides were nice and tan just like they were supposed to be but the front was well... GREEN STILL. lol not good so the birds were busting us because there was a big green square in the weeds. go figure.

Last edited:
That is some great cover at that spot, but you are right.... they got you. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

got to use what works!!!! :skull:

Reactions: NBK
Shot the free roam lcra again today and the teal were out in force. Almost had the teal hat trick and blew it two times on the Blue wing Drake.

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu