Early ducks

sherpa

Nov 21, 2011
Flynn Springs
I fished EL CAP today and saw 3 large flocks of ducks maybe 80-90 in each flock getting off the lake, they were to high to I’d but just thought they were a little early. Might be due to lack of water up north, could mean a good season. I haven’t hunted ducks in a lot of years, sure miss it. I hunted in Mexico for 20 plus years, had a casa (30’ trailer) right on the river, could leave my decoys in the boat along side of my boat dock and they were never bothered. Limits were very liberal, I think 25 a day during the week and 35 on the week end, with 3 limits in possession, plus a ton of doves and quail. Oh for the good old days

I fished EL CAP today and saw 3 large flocks of ducks maybe 80-90 in each flock getting off the lake, they were to high to I’d but just thought they were a little early. Might be due to lack of water up north, could mean a good season. I haven’t hunted ducks in a lot of years, sure miss it. I hunted in Mexico for 20 plus years, had a casa (30’ trailer) right on the river, could leave my decoys in the boat along side of my boat dock and they were never bothered. Limits were very liberal, I think 25 a day during the week and 35 on the week end, with 3 limits in possession, plus a ton of doves and quail. Oh for the good old days

The early migrators have started (pintail & GW's, local cinnamons)...I'll be at El Cap tomorrow...How was it?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu