El Cap, Hodges, and Fish Tacos

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Fished El Cap on Friday with my buddy Cal.....Really good bass bite with Cal topping it with a 5 lber….Split shotting and drop shotting Robo Morning Dawn worms were the ticket.

Today I hit Lake Hodges at around 3:30 pm with fishing bud Jim.....Way slower bass bite, but the 1st fish of the day was an almost 2 lb crappie (we release all bass).

Got it home, fileted, fried, and fish tacos were made....If I say so myself, they were damn good.....lol

.012.JPG006.JPG003.JPG012.JPG016.JPG019.JPG

You know they’re big when you get three tacos out of em. Nice job!

Is Ballast Point the official beer maker of SCH? Fine by me.

You know they’re big when you get three tacos out of em. Nice job!

Is Ballast Point the official beer maker of SCH? Fine by me.
It should be... San Diego has many fine breweries but Ballast Point's Sculpin is definitely my fave. Love their tasting place in Miramar and also the restaurant/brewery in Little Italy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome Steve. It has been awhile for me. Here is an Irvine Lake 2 lber.
90b87cc9e240e7b749b5b74a8da24e92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice job Steve

When I was younger in GA we would fish most of the night off our boat dock with a huge light 3' off the water using minnows for crappy. Great fight on light tackle. The next morning we would wake up clean 70 some odd fish and have a great old fish fry for lunch.....deep fried tails.....fish chips we called them!

Yum!

Reactions: WaterDawg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu