Electronic Ear Protection

Josh S.

Jul 22, 2016
Looking at buying this type of product but would like to know people's experiences prior to buying. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

@Aeon was going to give us an update on the plugs he purchased. I am also looking for electronic pugs that work. Hunting with a muzzle brake has its hazards and I don't like wearing my electronic muffs. My ears start to hurt after hours of use. When it's go time, I find myself scrambling for hearing protection. Not so elegant.

Reactions: Josh S.
@Aeon was going to give us an update on the plugs he purchased. I am also looking for electronic pugs that work. Hunting with a muzzle brake has its hazards and I don't like wearing my electronic muffs. My ears start to hurt after hours of use. When it's go time, I find myself scrambling for hearing protection. Not so elegant.
My hearing has already been declining from loud machinery and shooting guns in my youth and I refuse to use hearing protection when hunting, especially during waterfowl. Hopefully @Aeon has a good experience with the plugs he bought because I also cannot stand wearing muffs.

AXIL came up on an ad on my Instagram and almost pulled the trigger but decided to throw this out to get someone's personal experience.

I heard terrible reviews about the AXIL ones on Instagram. I have a set of Walkers that are decent outside. They are terrible for indoor ranges. I want to try a set of 3m peltors next.

I heard terrible reviews about the AXIL ones on Instagram. I have a set of Walkers that are decent outside. They are terrible for indoor ranges. I want to try a set of 3m peltors next.
Thanks for the heads up

I bought the Axil. They Bluetooth OK. But as far as amplifying sound they suck.
Not to worried about sound amplification, just how the sound cancelation is. In your opinion are they worth the money you paid?

The axil units work but the sound qualify is crap. I can't figure out why my 20$ scull candy ear buds can have great drivers and none of the hearing protection buds can have the same?

The pro ears muffs still have the best sound quality but they are muffs. The walker vx band has bad quality control. The axil buds lasted the season and that's more then I can say for the walkers. Sound amplification and sound qualify is on par with bidens am radio he listens to every afternoon before bed

Maybe I'll write up review

Last edited:
The axil units work but the sound qualify is crap. I can't figure out why my 20$ scull candy ear buds can have great drivers and none of the hearing protection buds can have the same?

The pro ears muffs still have the best sound quality but they are muffs. The walker vx band has bad quality control. The axil buds lasted the season and that's more then I can say for the walkers. Sound amplification and sound qualify is on par with bidens am radio he listens to every afternoon before bed

Maybe I'll write up review

Bill any idea about the pro ears stealth elite? https://proears.com/product/stealth-elite/

So I tried some electronics a few years ago and the amplified sound was terrible. I won't just throw in plugs cause I hear many ducks before I see them.
Has anyone heard anything about these Tetra brand hearing protection? Super expensive but having your hearing is kind of important. Last season I got my bell rung pretty bad.

So I tried some electronics a few years ago and the amplified sound was terrible. I won't just throw in plugs cause I hear many ducks before I see them.
Has anyone heard anything about these Tetra brand hearing protection? Super expensive but having your hearing is kind of important. Last season I got my bell rung pretty bad.

$699 if I waterfowl hunted a lot like I use to i would definitely be interested in those.

so was looking around and the walkers razor xv have a new version.....

I Freaking LOVED the v2 ones. When they worked.... The sound quality was not that good but the design was amazing. they broke after a few trips, i probably should have sent them back but i needed some asap and the proears 28 were cheap. That ended up with me tossing them into the mud.

if someone runs the walker xv3 i would love to hear if they work good.

to this day the only set that has had good quality sound and durability have been the proears muffs. They have gone swimming more then a few times and i just wash them out and they work again. They are so old the cups are decomposing, they still work.

WHY CANT SOMEONE MAKE A HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT IN A EAR BUD FORM FACTOR????????????

Reactions: NBK and Josh S.
If you got the money, tetra hearing protection may be worth a try. Would like to hear a review from someone who has tried them.

Looking for an ear bud style option myself. I’ve been running these for a while and they are great. But, after a while the pads get sweaty.

Sordin Supreme PRO X - Active Hearing Protection, Noise Reduction Safety Ear Muffs - Black Leather Headband and Cups

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu