Elk burgers

Fried waterfowl have never come out well for me...I guess if you like liver, it would be edible... :D
I soaked mine in buttermilk for a couple days and rolled it in flour and fried it in a pan. I was surprised by how mild the flavor was, I don’t even like liver.

Fried waterfowl have never come out well for me...I guess if you like liver, it would be edible... :D
I love liver, but overcooked duck is worse than badly cooked liver. Take a duck breast, even a spoony, and sear it to medium rare and I swear it'll taste like a steak. Ruddys are a different story though... I've kept it safe and only tried poppers and jerky with them. Cleaning them always makes me wonder why my hands smell like low tide on a hot day.

Reactions: TRICER
Duck hijacked!

Sad......elk with salt & pepper & hot grill is all you need.....maybe a good tomato, onion & mustard!

Working on my elk from last year half gone so far51511.jpeg

I love liver, but overcooked duck is worse than badly cooked liver. Take a duck breast, even a spoony, and sear it to medium rare and I swear it'll taste like a steak. Ruddys are a different story though... I've kept it safe and only tried poppers and jerky with them. Cleaning them always makes me wonder why my hands smell like low tide on a hot day.
Ruddy ducks are a delicacy superior to all other forms of red meat found on this planet. After I managed to bag two ruddys last year at San J my eyes were opened to the robust flavor that makes Ruddys stand out from the rest. I’ll take one ruddy duck over a cooler of elk every time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu