Elk Ivories

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
What have you guys done with your elk ivories? My bull's ivories have been sitting on my shelf since October, and I want to do something better with them. One of the guides had made his first ivories into a necklace. Another idea I considered was having them sewed onto the hat I wore on the hunt.

Most folks make jewelry (rings, necklaces bracelets etc.). I think a hat band would be cool.

I wish I would have saved the ivories out of every elk I have shot. The hat band would be complete. I have a few saved and hope to get a few more with a little luck.20210308_153019.jpg

I leave em. The pictures are worth a lot more to me and I don't think elk ivory teeth look good regardless of how they are dressed up.

I leave em. The pictures are worth a lot more to me and I don't think elk ivory teeth look good regardless of how they are dressed up.
I do the same thing with duck bands, I just throw them in the pond! Who needs more clutter! You don’t like the stain on them?
81A85FA2-714A-448D-8049-CB1CE0D804AA.jpeg

Reactions: Lungpopper
I do the same thing with duck bands, I just throw them in the pond! Who needs more clutter! You don’t like the stain on them?
View attachment 48267

Not sure really, they just dont appeal to me. I've seen people turn them into jewlery but it looks ugly IMO. I didn't realize how much they are worth though. I could have made decent money on them.

Not sure really, they just dont appeal to me. I've seen people turn them into jewlery but it looks ugly IMO. I didn't realize how much they are worth though. I could have made decent money on them.
How much are they worth? And is it legal to sell them?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu