Emily's 2014 Rosie Elk!!! ****STORY ADDED****

Re: Emily's 2014 Rosie Elk!!!

Camo is a gimic...never have worn it..know your game and know your wind...its all good ..ha!! Now ducks..there is a critter that you gotta be camo'd up for..damn..what a beast!!

WOW! Not sure how to put words to such an amazing hunt!

If you don't mind me asking, what rifle and load? I have been working for years to design ammo that will allow ladies to hunt with less recoil, but give up nothing in performance!

Thanks,

For sure bro..she shoots .257wbymag..120 grain nosler partions..she where's a Caldwell shoulder pad under her shirt..that's a deadly combo for anything.. The only thing we change is she shoots 115grain Barnes when we hunt in the dummy bird zone...all good though..shot placement on whatever you shoot..let the air out..they don't go far..

HATCHET1 said:
Camo is a gimic...never have worn it..know your game and know your wind...its all good ..ha!! Now ducks..there is a critter that you gotta be camo'd up for..damn..what a beast!!
I agree camo is over-rated and over-priced. Just teasing. :)

Woot! Nailed it :) From looking at the picture I said that looks like a Weatherby. Thanks HATCHET1!

It sounds like you know your bullets for sure! Good to see you using a tough bullet on that fast a caliber.

May I humbly suggest you try this bullet http://www.gsgroup.co.za/257085HV129.html Then you can use one bullet for everything!

Please don't be fooled by the bullet weight. These are big game bullets all the way, you will probably get 36" plus of penetration and a great wound channel. These will work better than your lead ammo! You will also get a flatter trajectory!

The main reason people use heavy bullets in lead core is because lead core bullets fail at high impact velocity, the bullets we use do not have this problem, the faster the better. We have run the 40g bullets into gel at 4900 fps and they still do not fail.

Thank you! and great job to your daughter on her hunt! You are right to be very proud of her!

Awesome animal!!!! Congrats to you and your daughter heck of a job.

That is a great story, you got a great hunter there.
My daughter hunts also, and she has shot one doe, and she says she wants to move on to an elk.... I just tell her to throttle back.
Now I have to show her this article and see if she amps up again.
congrats!!!

***Bump to the top****

Hooked this thread up with the bitchin story! Check it out fellas...Definitely does this hunt justice! Hatchet, I love your writing style! Very entertaining! Your daughter is quite the hunter!! Congrats!

Epic hunt. Great story. Can't wait for my kids to be on the trigger.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu