Encountering hunters breaking the rules?

Just a little comment about the wardens. They are grossly understaffed. Last figure I saw there were only about 400 for the entire state of California. On a good day there are less than 200 of them in the field for the whole state. A single small city has more police than the whole state has wardens. Daily many counties have no wardens on patrol at all. They enforce all laws in California in addition the fish and wildlife regulations. Often they opporate with little or no backup available, or back up that’s 20 or 30 minutes out. They are grossly over worked and under paid. So keep this in mind next time a warden isn’t available to answer a complaint or you get a response that you’re not happy with.
This gross understaffing of the department shows what our politicians think about hunting, fishing and our natural wild resources. They don’t give a shit about them. I could go on and on, this whole subject just pisses me off.

Agreed.... And everyone should do their part, purchase the game warden stamp when you get your license.
Can only hope the $ is used intelligently, but at least that Dorado Stamp (Dolphin fish for you islanders) plastered on everyone's vehicles will show them our support an understanding of their crappy situation....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu