Enough of the duck hunting reports

KID CREOLE

Aug 29, 2014
We finally got the decoys out on the lease up north. Birds cooperated on Saturday and shot by myself Sunday afternoon.

The four of us had 75 or so for the 3 days

post-13-0-12102800-1417322390.jpg

On Sunday the specs were all over me, had a group of 5 come right in and shot the big black chested spec, unfortunately the adult swung in front of the juvie and it became collateral
post-13-0-42046000-1417406372.jpg

Damn strong work Kid! That is what I call a good time! Thanks for sharing.

+1

just for that i will post more limits this weekend :)

Stef,

What do you mean enough duck reports?...........I added a snow just for you yesterday........... ;D

And a honker today.........I know how much you love them......... ;)

ps......Great looking spread......Glad your getting them up there......I'll be up next week-end.

Attachments

• IMG_9804.JPG
    IMG_9804.JPG
    434.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9816.JPG
    IMG_9816.JPG
    816 KB · Views: 21
ilovesprig said:
Stef,

What do you mean enough duck reports?...........I added a snow just for you yesterday........... ;D

ps......Great looking spread......Glad your getting them up there......I'll be up next week-end.

I really am missing the white cheeks this year! Shooting more snows this year than my previous 25+ seasons combined.

sdhunter said:
ilovesprig said:
Stef,

I really am missing the white cheeks this year! Shooting more snows this year than my previous 25+ seasons combined.

Welcome to NoCal Mike..............lol............Got to love those specs up there though........... ;)

Maybe it's time for SCH to create separate forums for duck reports and goose reports. ;D

Thanks for adding the snow Steve, there's still hope ;D

KID CREOLE said:
Maybe it's time for SCH to create separate forums for duck reports and goose reports. ;D

Thanks for adding the snow Steve, there's still hope ;D

Stef,

You probably saw the pictures I posted of Unit 1.......I'm thinking 40,000+.......Wister has about 3-5,000......Talked to Harold Brown yesterday (runs Elmore's hunting program). He said all the food on Unit 1 is really hurting his geese. He also said the guys in Union yesterday were getting some.......Lots of snow movement yesterday out of the closed zone.

Just in case you didn't.....This was less than a 3rd of what was at Fleming (Unit 1)..... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_9721.JPG
    IMG_9721.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Steve if Unit 1 has 40 k there is hope for the IV. This may take a few years to restore but is a very positive sign, I like it

I'm a ricer now and not looking back, getting up at 5:45 sure is nice

Amen about the 5:45........You leaving them out or resetting every day?.........Can't be as easy as the silo spreads.

ilovesprig said:
Amen about the 5:45........You leaving them out or resetting every day?.........Can't be as easy as the silo spreads.

Spread stays out until probably January when we move to the other field, Awfully wet for Sillos right now

Attachments

• SacValleySpread3.jpg
    SacValleySpread3.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SacValleySpread1.jpg
    SacValleySpread1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 17
Steve, one field has a pit the other is lay out only. I prefer the layouts, easier to sleep in ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu