Escondido fish and game association question

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
Is anyone here a current member? I think Im going to join and range to get out and shoot a little more. Im in temecula and Rainbow range is closer but escondido fish and game seems to have more going on every month, as well as events geared to kids and women.

I see their events are open to the public, but Im out of town for the next few weeks and wont be able to go check it out for about a month. Wondering what the community is like out there. Is the place busy from sun up to sun down? well maintained? are the events run pretty well, smooth, organized?

Id be interested in hearing what current members have to say. I see on the website that there is a back log for new members. From what I see on the newsletters it seems like the group is family oriented and helps the community.

I'm not a member but have friends that are. The last one that joined was on the list for 2 or 3 years I think. I think it depends on what you want to do. They have nice trap facilities not much fun to shoot a centerfire rifle 100yds.

Reactions: Bronkorob
I just shot trap there last night, I'm not a member but it's open to the public on Saturday evenings. There's always non-shooters hanging out when I'm there, and I've had nothing but a positive experience at their events. Everyone is very friendly. Hope to see you there.

Not a member, but have dealt with them a lot (NWTF JAKES event)….Lots of good guys that are mostly trap shooters....In the 25+ years I've been involved with them, I've never really known many that hunted much....Strong backers of the NRA.

Get on the list....Don't cost anything.

wow 2-3 year wait!! Guess I might just hang out at Rainbow to shoot and head over to escondido for the events.....and get on that waiting list in the meantime.

Rainbow from what I hear is pretty much just a range. Not as much activity as escondido, but I guess if most of their events are open to the public it doesnt really matter.

The biggest thing I want is convenience, less than 30 minute drive, and enough space/ranges that it doesnt feel crowded and overwhelming with just a few people. I want to be able to bring my wife and young kid out once in a while and have them learn the basics, without someone doing a mag dumps in the stall right next to me for an hour straight. I went with a friend to an indoor range not too long ago with his kid and it didnt take more than half the stalls to fill and he just couldnt communicate that well.

So, are you required to wear a suit and tie when shooting there? I think I'll just keep .slumming it at Triple B clays.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu