Eurasian dove?

Jon Engel

Aug 2, 2016
I am planning on doing some scouting in the next week, and while I am out, I plan to bring my shotgun in case there are any Eurasian dove around. My question is, are they easy to ID while in the air? Are there places where they like to be vs. other dove? I don't want to be shooting the other types until Sep 1.

They are everywhere just scout out. As for looks..... Research online... Look at pictures and videos of them. Walk around scouting with out the gun for a little bit so you can take your time and really watch them.

Pretty easy to ID euros from mourning doves......Sometimes not so easy to tell the difference from white-wing.

Here are some things to look for.....Euros are normally bigger, fly slower, and have square tails.......Mourning dove are much smaller, pointed tail, fly quicker, normally more erratic, and fly lower.....White-wing obviously have a white patch on their white, they're slightly smaller, but have the square tail and many times lope in flight like a euro.

Be careful......Not cheap, if you make a mistake.

.005.JPG 008.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu