Euro invasion

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
I was surprised how many Euros were around this private piece of land I have access to in IV. They really have taken over, I think 5% of the birds were not Euros.
I had no idea what to expect shooting #7 shot since I have been shooting #6 since lead became illegal.
The 7 shot worked great at average distance but in the longer shots a cloud of feather was left behind and the euros kept moving.

Lite modified choke by Trulock.20210117_145446.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised how many Euros were around this private piece of land I have access to in IV. They really have taken over, I think 5% of the birds were not Euros.
I had no idea what to expect shooting #7 shot since I have been shooting #6 since lead became illegal.
The 7 shot worked great at average distance but in the longer shots a cloud of feather was left behind and the euros kept moving.

Lite modified choke by Trulock.

ps...If anyone was wondering...Mourning doves are far more aggressive to their given habitats...And euros have no baring on mourning dove populations.
That's very interesting. I would have thought the opposite is true given that the Euros outnumber them and because Euros are way bigger.
I prefer to shoot euros because they are a bigger target. I really can't tell much difference on taste between Eros and the others, but I don't have a very refined palate either.

That's very interesting. I would have thought the opposite is true given that the Euros outnumber them and because Euros are way bigger.
I prefer to shoot euros because they are a bigger target. I really can't tell much difference on taste between Eros and the others, but I don't have a very refined palate either.

They actually don't outnumber mourning doves...And mourning doves are little, but mighty...lol

Very nice! I would love to get into some Euros some day. Still have yet to shoot one....bucket list bird I guess...lol

Great work! Looks like a ton of fun.

Question for the pros. Do they tend to move throughout the day like mourning doves or if they have a good setup do they just roost where they have feed, water, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most doves, they have a night time roost and daytime roost...They will stay around feed, if they have appropriate roosts (trees, buildings, etc.)...They also water twice a day...Which is normally near their daytime roost.

Thanks [mention]ilovesprig [/mention] . I’ve been burning some gas each time I’m out chasing quail trying to figure out the Euros. Getting more familiar with the valley each trip and hoping to put it all together to have an occasional shoot in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't gotten one yet either. The times I have had a chance a buddy shot it first.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu