Evening hunt....**Success photos added**

I'm not sure if my bro in law, John will register on the site so here's the quick story. Last year I sold him my Bowtech Soldier which is a proven killer. This is his first year bowhunting but has filled a few D-16 tags while rifle hunting. Last night John and my dad went to our usual area.

While at home, I get a text.....Sure enough, John put an arrow through a doe and they were tracking her. The found her piled up in a canyon. It was a 35 yard shot. They dragged her back to the truck and the meat is now at the butcher. After the doe took off running, John waiting for a minute. What came out of the brush........? A small forked horn buck that is really really lucky.

John never thought he'd kill a deer with a bow in San Diego. He's a PA farm boy and cut his teeth on whitetails. Now he knows that feeling of doing it with a bow. I'm really proud of him.

Now to help my dad score.........

Attachments

• Johns buck.jpg
    Johns buck.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 140
Re: Evening hunt....

Breacher said:
fordfan1 said:
You have more self control than me, I shot the first doe i was able to.

I don't have permission to post a picture but my brother in law killed his first archery animal last night. He filled his A-22 tag with a nice looking doe at 35 yards. I do believe he's got the bug now. Trying to get him to become a member on this site. Now I'm trying to get my dad on his first archery deer......

Yea this was my first deer. Just last year got into deer hunting and I had some nice tag soup last season. But this year I just needed to get my first one out of the way. I saw her at 30yrds walking into some bushes and rushed the shot and missed. Luckily she didn't run far and i had another opportunity at 40yrds with her vitals perfectly visible through a whole in the brush. Took the shot and nailed her. I didn't hit her where i wanted but she only ran about 30yrds and face planted. I was soo stoked in this pic i didn't even think about putting her leg down and making a better pic. Good luck Breacher!

Attachments

• IMG951280.jpg
    IMG951280.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 114
Congratz to John and to fordfan1! Now we're beginning to see some perforation like NBK wanted! great job guys! congratz on that first kill fordfan! :)

That's Awesome Breacher ! Looks like you married into a good family.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu