Evening Scouting

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Had a little get together with some friends up in Julian yesterday........With about 45 minutes till sundown. I high tailed it over to some property I have some permission on........With the high temps deer are staying pretty bedded down till late in the day.......These bucks were still bedded down at 8:00 pm........Picked up one of the trail cams too........Mucho bucks in the nighttime........ ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8152.JPG
    IMG_8152.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8154.JPG
    IMG_8154.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0065.JPG
    PICT0065.JPG
    593.5 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0078.JPG
    PICT0078.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT0091.JPG
    PICT0091.JPG
    854.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0152.JPG
    PICT0152.JPG
    860.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0188.JPG
    PICT0188.JPG
    864.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 19
Great photos Steve, hope we get some quality on MCC this season. Passed up a lot of big forkies last season so I hope my boy and I can score on one this fall.

Matagi said:
Great photos Steve, hope we get some quality on MCC this season. Passed up a lot of big forkies last season so I hope my boy and I can score on one this fall.

Gen, I've seen some good bucks on MCC already...........Let's talk pigs too..........Just got a tip on a new area.

ilovesprig said:
Matagi said:

Gen, I've seen some good bucks on MCC already...........Let's talk pigs too..........Just got a tip on a new area.
Anyone needs pigs taken out, I'm on the case! ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

*wild pig - Saw a post on another site of a liar that said he got a CNF one but turned out to be a fenced hunt... he got called out quick.

Funny how many times I'm hunting in San Diego county and I see some yahoo asking if I've seen any pigs. Put your leather shell bags away and go back to your shooting club bro. ;)

Yeah, I'm going up this weekend to get my fix with Neil and GSGS. I WOULD LOVE to be able to hunt them here as well. I've heard of hunters taking pigs here on private land (MCC, for example). But that's just private land, not a fenced hunt so as far as I'm concerned it's a legitimate take.

Sent via Tapatalk

SurfNHuntSD said:
When was the last hunter pig kill in SDC? (Not including the roadkill or the trapped ones) Just curious.. sorry to thread jack.
I know a guy who killed one two or three years ago and saw one last year both on public land

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SurfNHuntSD said:
When was the last hunter pig kill in SDC? (Not including the roadkill or the trapped ones) Just curious.. sorry to thread jack.

I know of one about 5 or six months ago public land

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu