• Only by freak chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it never worked

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Never tried it

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

180ls1

I am considering trying it during the AZ OTC season this winter but I am worried about scaring them off. Since I hunt a very low density unit I'd really prefer not spooking them. I have called in a doe before unintentionally. I was calf calling for elk in UT and a doe came in stomping.

Whats your experience been like? I realize this is an unconventional tactic but I am bored and would love to hear some input.

I have had them come check me out while calling coyotes with fawn distress, they didn't come in but came to the edges to see what the racket was about.

I have rattled in a D16 buck a few years back. It was an amazing experience. The buck came in pissed off and ready to kick some butt. He ran in with reckless abandon. He was a nice wide forky. I will try and find the photo.

I have rattled in a D16 buck a few years back. It was an amazing experience. The buck came in pissed off and ready to kick some butt. He ran in with reckless abandon. He was a nice wide forky. I will try and find the photo.

Nice! Post it up if you have it! Was he rutted up? I assume it would be better to try in the rut, maybe not? Do you still rattle for them?

Nice! Post it up if you have it! Was he rutted up? I assume it would be better to try in the rut, maybe not? Do you still rattle for them?

My friend Rusty shot the deer. If he would have hesitated, I was postured to do the deed. He was a nice D16 buck. I rattled him in with a set of antlers off of my first D16 buck I had shot many years ago.

They only come in to D16 antlers! ;)

P1050989.JPGP1050999.JPGP1050986.JPG

I haven't called a buck in, but I did use a predator call once...I had a friend that was farming tomatoes & strawberries in Rancho Santa Fe....The deer were playing havoc with them...Behind the fields was a small canyon....I stood over the top of it and let loose with the wounded rabbit....Sure enough, right below us 2 does and a buck stood up....Teddy and I double tapped him.... :dizzy:

ps...The picture is for effect....:joy:

pss...This buck is actually Ted's dads buck from Colorado...41" wide...:scream:

ted's buck ll.jpg

Last edited:
Back