Excellent video on how to cape a deer properly on the main website page!

It came out amazing - you can absolutely cape an animal correctly after watching the video.

This is extremely good content, thanks! The filming/editing is excellent. The issue I'm having is with the player. I missed part, and need to rewind/fast forward, but it seems that I have to start the whole thing over. I'll try another browser (I'm using IE9).

Thank you for your great comments on the video guys, we decided to leave the full version so you guys don't miss an inch of the process. Jon chambers is a great taxidermist, a great artist and a great guy. Thank you Jon for sharing this with all of us! Looking forward to produce more videos with you. 8)

Papi!

Well, it took me a couple of days to find a browser that would play the video on my iPad but I finally used puffin and it plays nicely. Santiago, thank you for the kind works but my hats off to you in reality. You did an amazing job on the filming and editing. You captured a lot of detail items that I thought maybe missed or lost due to me being inconsiderate of the camera or moving the animal out of the shot. Thanks again to SCH staff for the opportunity to film this and hopefully it will be an useful tool to all who are not well versed in caping.

Excellent video Randomshot. If I am lucky enough to drop a predator this season, would you be interested in tanning it? What do you charge for a bobcat or yote?

Papi said:
Thank you for your great comments on the video guys, we decided to leave the full version so you guys don't miss an inch of the process. Jon chambers is a great taxidermist, a great artist and a great guy. Thank you Jon for sharing this with all of us! Looking forward to produce more videos with you. 8)

Papi!

Does Jon have a website or contact information? Where is he located?

Spot dropper shoot me a PM.
Breacher I'm in Lakeside. I have a regular 40 so I don't have a website or advertise for taxidermy work other than my skull cleaning and metalized coatings. I do take in work on a limited basis and do some work for Perry Taxidermy (mostly Lifesize animals for Fred).

Randomshot said:
Spot dropper shoot me a PM.
Breacher I'm in Lakeside. I have a regular 40 so I don't have a website or advertise for taxidermy work other than my skull cleaning and metalized coatings. I do take in work on a limited basis and do some work for Perry Taxidermy (mostly Lifesize animals for Fred).

Thanks. PM sent ref. skull questions.....

Lungpopper said:
Random is that bottom buck a local?
The bottom buck came from Passo Robles. The middle from Montana and the bobcat was a local early season cat that I did for Perry Taxidermy. Fred Perry and I are working on some new mounts which will hopefully be added to the gallery on Fred's website (perrytaxidermy.com) soon.

Is your computer a Commodore 64? ;D ;D ;D

It sounds like you need to install the plugins. Did you hit yes when Firefox asked to install plugins?

NBK said:
You will find that Mozilla Firefox has all of the plugins needed to use the SCH Website. It is one of the best browsers on the web. Download here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

I have replace the streaming video for a more friendly CODEC please go back to the website to watch the full video with no problems, unless your connection is really bad... :D

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=43&Itemid=192

Papi

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu