Excellent video on how to cape a deer properly on the main website page!

Great video, I put it to use tonight, first time caping a skull and it was quite successful. I intend on Euro mounting the skull so I caped it for practice. But I commend Random Shot and anyone else involved in producing that video it is a great help!

Awesome video! Thank you guys for doing this! The only thing that I feel is missing is the cutting of the skull cap.

I do out of state hunting so the brain and spinal fluid has to be removed completely if I wanted to bring the deer home for my local taxidermist.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu